Curtains can be a great part of the home. They can add color and style to any room, and they can help to create a cozy atmosphere. If you’re looking to get your window furnishing life together, follow these tips from our friends at ReDesign Deco.
What kinds of Curtains are available?
There are so many types of curtains available on the market in 2022. When looking to buy curtains, do consider what type of curtain will best suit your needs. Here are some of the most common types of curtains:
1) Sheer Curtains: Sheer curtains are the thinnest form and can be made of cotton, linen, or silk. They provide limited seclusion and should be used for window coverings that do not require obstructing light or give privacy from view.
2) Panel curtains are made up of many panels that are sewed together and then connected to a rod or rail. This sort of curtain is popular because it provides a high level of seclusion while yet allowing light to pass through.
3) Voile Curtains: Voile curtains are constructed of a sheer fabric that has a flowing appearance and is generally lightweight. They are ideal for adding a beautiful touch to any area and may be used for privacy or light-blocking window coverings.
How to Hang Curtains
When it comes to hanging curtains, there are a few fundamental guidelines that should be followed at all times. To begin, double-check that the curtain rod can withstand the weight of your curtains. Second, pick a curtain rod that fits your window well. Third, take a measurement of the width of your window and make sure the curtain width is within this range. Fourth, double-check that the curtain length is within this range. Fifth, line up your curtains at the top of the window and draw them taut. Finally, fix them in place with a tie tack or hem tape.
Our Recommended Curtain Supplier
Do you need a new curtain but don’t know where to start? Look no further! We have found the perfect supplier for you at Re-Design Deco. They offer high-quality curtains at an affordable price, so you can get your curtain life together without breaking the bank.
Maintaining the Curtain Fabric and Aesthetic
One of the most crucial parts of any space is the curtain fabric. It not only provides shade and seclusion, but also establishes the tone and feel of the room. Here are a few pointers to assist you to keep your curtain fabric and look in good shape:
1. Keep It Clean: Make sure to keep your curtain fabric clean. Dirty curtains can cause static electricity, which can damage your fabric. Wipe down curtains with a damp cloth every time you clean them to avoid build-up.
2. Avoid Sun Damage: Never let sunlight shine through your curtains directly onto your furniture or floors. This will cause sun damage that will eventually lead to wear and tear on your fabric. Instead, use drapes or window coverings to block out the sun.
3. Keep It Crisp: If your curtains are starting to show signs of wear, be sure to replace them sooner rather than later. Dull fabric will not reflect light, which can make your room look tired and outdated.