Is A Whole-House Water Filtration System Worth It?
Clean water is important to living a healthy lifestyle. Most self-care activities require having clean water in the home. This includes drinking water, cooking, bathing, and keeping your clothes clean. Water purification is necessary for some areas due to the poor quality of available water. Whole-house water filtration systems are one of the most reliable ways to purify water in the home. However, the cost-effectiveness of whole-house filters has always been debated. In this article, we will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of using a whole-house water filtration system to determine if they are worth it.
Benefits of Whole-House Water Filtration System
- Purification: The most important function of a whole-house water filtration system is to purify the water in a home. Using whole-house water filtration systems makes water safe for consumption. Whole-house water filtration systems remove harmful chemicals from the water. These chemicals include chloramine and chlorine. Asides from chemicals, a filtration system also eliminates heavy metals like iron and lead from the water. Purifying your water reduces the risk of diseases and sickness, helping you to stay healthy.
- Improved Quality: In addition to purifying water, a whole-house water filtration system also improves the quality. This is because they balance the PH levels of the water and eliminate contaminants that cause odor. Therefore, what you get from a whole-house water filtration system is clean water that smells and tastes good. This will give you clear skin while bathing with clean water. You will also have cleaner clothes and kitchen utensils, leaving you healthy.
- Plumbing: Another advantage of a whole-house water filtration system is that it protects your plumbing system and home appliances. Harmful chemicals and metals cause wear and tear in the pipeline of houses when they build up. If the water that you use is not purified, these harmful substances find their way into your appliances, such as the water heater and dishwasher. This will affect their functionality and reduce their lifespan. With the filter system cleaning your water, your plumbing system and home appliances will function optimally.
Disadvantages of Whole-House Water Filtration System
- Cost: The cost of a whole-house water filtration system is a bit on the high side. The system usually costs anything from $300 to $10000. You also need to factor in installation costs regarding whole-house water filtration systems. for an average household, the affordability of whole-house filters might pose a problem.
- Space: Adequate space is needed to set up a whole house filter system. For small homes, a whole-house water filtration system will not fit in. Instead, under sink water filters are bettersuited.
- Portability: A whole-house water filtration system is not a smart investment for people that plan to shift houses. This is because it is not a portable system that can easily be moved. This applies to people living in leased and rented homes as well. Another problem is that houses have unique water systems, so what works in one house may not apply in another.
Water is life. Hence, it is important to balance the disadvantages and advantages and get yourself clean water.